Monday, March 18, 2013

Swanson's 1-2 at Ventura Raceway Opener 3/16 - Onboard Video



    The Swanson Motorsports Team headed back to the beautiful Ventura beach this past weekend for VRA's season opener and what a night it turned out to be. We had 11 midgets in the field and the top 6 cars were all within 2 tenths of each other. The quantity of cars may be down, but the quality of cars is pretty equal across the board.
    The events leading up to the main event went fairly smooth for us. I was 3nd fast time in practice and finished 3rd in the heat from 5th. The line-up for the feature was Rick Hendrix and Cody Swanson on the front row, and the second row consisted of Bruce Dougless and David Prickett. I started 5th with Ronnie Gardner just outside of me.
    Bruce spun early but Scott Pierovich joined the group and us 6 cars had a pretty awesome battle going on throughout the entire race. I was pretty tight early on but as the track came to me more I started picking them off. On lap 26 Cody took the lead from Rick and I was able to get by him just a couple laps later. The remaining 3 laps I was able to reel in Cody and get to his bumper by the final corner.
    It felt good to get our first 1-2 finish and Congratulations to Cousin Cody his W! I'd like to thank Goodwine Glass, Lucas Oil Products, DC Racing Cams, HPD and Honda Racing, PBH Indy, Eibach Springs, Swanson Inspections, K&N Filters, Simpson Race Products, and One Day Sign for their support. Thanks Scott Sheldon for the shots.
    Be sure to click the link ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njVQNm4m7hk&feature=youtu.be to watch the race from my view!
    And to see some photos of the action, check out Sprint Car Scotty's website here ---> http://sprintcarscotty.smugmug.com/VenturaRaceway2013/VRA-16MARCH2013/28467463_smJzbd#!i=2411740693&k=QfPqVnP

Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment